Friday, September 7, 2007

Exposed


Needless to say, this post pregnancy process has been much different than my three prior. Usually I can sit indiscriminately in a chair and quietly breast feed my child with little curiosity (after day three) from my other children. This time has been a very different experience! While the twins were in the NICU I needed to pump 20 minutes every two hours. Then when they came home they were still very small and inexperienced nursers. Which meant a 10 minute feeding turned into a 30 minute feeding each and then I needed to pump immediately after to keep my milk supply up because they still were not good at it. All of this meant Mom was exposed the majority of the last two months. With all this in mind, my children have become, interested in...Well...I will just give you examples (there were more than a few examples, but some, I have been prohibited from sharing). Phoenix was squeezing and poking at herself while asking why she didn't look like Mommy even though she was a girl and why she couldn't get the milk to come out. Avery was found, with all the pumping equipment trying to pump (she wasn't the first child to try either) while she yelled "I got milk! See Mommy I got milk!" (picture to follow as soon as I get around to downloading it). To this point, the question may become have I permanently damaged my obviously sponge like children who looked on all summer while Mommy with machine like determination took care of the daunting task of making sure my two youngest were fed? Some may say definitely! but as for me I am leaning towards the more positive of the two which is that I have beautifully curious children who want nothing more than to be like their Mom and I think I am okay with that!

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Did you delete the former posts? I think that I'm a little offended.

Chris said...

lol. I was made to due to the damaging content contained therein. I also updated the post and you would know this had you checked your e-mail.

Taste of Champaign said...

he, he, I love family love and war. Nice that you are still on. I was afraid you were going to say you had quit the blog entirely!

Chris said...

Not a chance... I believe I am currently addicted. Is that wrong? :)

Megan said...

I love this! While Porter was in the NICU I also had a pump and was hooked to it all the time (so it felt). You are amazing to have done this for so long and to breastfeed twins.