Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's on my mind

Does Heavenly Father, at times, give you more than the normal amount of opportunities to serve during the midst of some of the greatest trials? As many of you are aware, we have had our share of trials over the past year and a half. It, to me, can best be described as a parade. The minute we seem to catch our breath...here comes the next one. I am not complaining because it is also true that some of our greatest blessings and growth as individuals have also come during this time. I am just mentally taking note that our family is again staring down the barrel of another trial. This is usually the time when I become very "family" minded, doing all that I can do to ensure the most damage control possible. This time I am feeling, though overwhelmed, a huge push to serve in some very specific, very outside of Chris's box kind of ways. Quite frankly, I wish to return to business as usual and start the normal processes (becoming a recluse to all but my family). But is it possible that Heavenly Father is telling me to serve others and He will take care of us? I guess I just answered my own question. Though to all that care...I don't like this plan! Being outside of my box is never a comfortable place to be. I guess I will have faith and put myself out there.

The Primary song "When were helping were happy and we sing as we go..." just came to mind. IT'S ALL A LIE MINUS THE SINGING PART APPARENTLY :)

2 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

i was impressed with this post after attending women's conference last night. the whole part of being a member of the relief society is to offer relief to ohers...you are good to do so.

Q'ner said...

IT STILL SUCKS AND DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY EASIER!!! I know what you mean... Being your sister... I too am very selfish and like to left alone, only to deal with myself and those that I let in my box... Depending on if I choose to like you that day.... What can I say I'm a snot.... I'm alright with that.... ;) Although, being the youngest of 4, I have not been able to choose if I love my siblings or not or if I really want to deal with you people or not... I have been forcer to deal with you people and actually, just cause I have to love you, I have even come to like you all... Funny how that all works. But, Chris, I'm here to tell you... Having been on a mission and being so homesick that I can't see straight, The one thing that got me through it all was serving and coming to love the people of Toronto. I lost sight of what MY issues were and I was able to see what THEIR issues were. The Lord wanted me to focus on someone else other than myself and my pity and help someone less fortunate... Hence, I am truely convinced that's a huge part of why you were sent such a sweet spirit...(as cheeser as that sounds)....aka Stone. He often times puts us all in check spiritually and doesn't even hesitate and most of the time has no stinkin' clue he does it... I LOVE IT!!! That kid is amazing!!! But... you are 150% correct. My favorite story they would tell us in the MTC when Pres Hinckley wanted to come home from his mission at 19... his dad sent him a letter that said "Gordon, Forget yourself and get to work." He didn't look back and look at where he is now... So you answered your own Question. You know what you have to do... So.... As much as you don't want to do it... Teach your kids through example.... NIKE.. JUST DO IT!!! You know people need it more than you. Not to down play your trials... cause they are truely trials... but I PROMISE YOU!!!! the Lord will provide and protect you and your family as you and your family serve.... I'm off my soap box now..... LOVE YA!!!!