Friday, September 21, 2007

A Whole Bunch of Love








Cy and Zion on their first day @ church last week (above). I had to beat off the people (aka, germs) with sticks. People have no idea how I cringe every time they come close to their faces. They are getting so big. They suck each others fingers, hold hands, and sleep nose to nose. It is so cute. Cy's double chin and cheeks just continue to get bigger and bigger which only makes her cuter to me and her Dad! Dad loves the cheeks especially! Zion seems to be laid back and soulful. Its almost as if he is looking through you. (You can see from below)
























Phoenix and Stone on the first day of school. Last week, Phoenix came home asking to join running club at school. I must say my nightmares from Jr High School all came flooding back as I began to break out into a cold sweat, but realizing this isn't all about me I agreed to sign her up. We asked Stone if he would like to join as well and he said he would. It is once a week immediately after school. I had a parent teacher conference at the school on the same day, so I was able to sit in the car and watch the running club. They divided the grades and so Stone and Phoenix are both doing something different. I first saw Stone who was running around some made up course (over the river and through the woods...almost) he was looking like a beat dog. I felt a bit Mommish for him as I watched him run and knew how hot it must have been outside my air conditioned car :) I then turned my attention to Phoenix as she came around the corner of the building. She was talking, giggling, and walking. Had I not signed her up for running club I would have believed she was in some kind of social club. Her and her little friend Joey (which she does everything with at school) were having a blast. They would run about 10 steps every so many minutes and then back to the party. When they finished, Stone greeted me with a "I want to quit. They made me run!" On the contrary Phoenix said " I had so much fun. I wish it was everyday" I smiled my "I know why grin" and suggested that Stone may want to find a friend to run with as it seemed to be working with Phoenix and besides I will not allow my $ to go to waste. (I told him that he couldn't quit because of commitment and teamwork...blah...blah....blah)









Avery is stuck at home with her sleepy, grumpy, busy Mommy. You can see in the picture she is desperate to get on the bus with the other kids. She is becoming an expert at fetching two diapers, finding binkies, staying on the couch watching TV while Mommy takes a nap, picking up dirty clothes, helping to make dinner and other such domestic Goddess duties. She seems to enjoy it yet I must admit most times I feel guilty she has few and far between chances to go to the park, ride her bike, play with playdough, and other such fun activities the older two were able to do. On really special days she gets to play in the tub while I clean the bathrooms and if she is REALLY lucky I will get in and play with her but again few and far between. I wonder if she has any idea how short her end of the stick actually is. Today I made up a picnic on my bedroom carpet so I could actually take a longer nap. She spread out a beautifully lined up blanket and we ate popcorn, cheese sticks, peanut butter sandwiches and grapes. We then climbed back into bed for the third hour of TV/Naptime. I know...horrible, but reality at this point!

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Chris, The kids look great. I'm glad to see more pictures of them.
Have you checked out Adam and Megan lately? It seems like a theme lately for everyone to be getting dumped on. lots of bad carma.

Taste of Champaign said...

wow your kids have gotten old! they are beautiful. so fun to see the twins. isn't church the worst with the babies. it was so hard for me at first. once my germ problem went away it was nice to farm them out though...

Daniel said...

karma - with a "K"
My bad

Q'ner said...

Daniel cracks me up... I miss my babies... Wish I could see my new babies... All is due time... Soon enough... Soon enough... :(