Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Sweetness that Words Cannot Describe

Okay...So I had a whole cute video of Zion and Cy eating their first "meal" of cut up bits of bologna, mac and cheese, peaches and peas. They were sitting in their high chairs for the first time together and Stone was helping to feed them. Cy was enjoying her food immensely...by the fist full I might add. I do believe she might take after her mother...lol. Zion on the other hand was not as pleased to be eating. This was the scene you would have been seeing to go along with the below Blog but.. I accidentally deleted it and so I will share second best...


I have enjoyed and still enjoy watching my beautiful children hit all their milestones of life. Some are more difficult than others but in their own right all are important and are worthy of taking in.



Babies are always fun to watch as life is uncharted territory and they are just explorers soaking it all in. I have found my own uncharted territory as I watch my twins move along in this world. I can not figure out if I had just been flying on auto pilot as a mom...which I am sure is quite easy to do by the third child or if the difficulty of bringing child four and five into this world caused an appreciation for these specific children in general. Do not get me wrong...I am no less appreciative for any of my children...it is just that at times when things are given so easily sometimes you don't realize the special nature of the gift that you have actually received...but when you work for something...I mean really fight for it...when it comes the whole experience just seems a bit sweeter.



This is what I am experiencing with my twins a sweetness that words cannot describe. I also know that these precious Spirits were part of the equation which was and now is the Mitchell Family and it could be that we or I just never felt complete until their arrival and now I am able to relax and enjoy the ride. (Yeah...you heard it here first...I do believe we are done having children...someone grab me the Kleenex as I may have tears of sorrow followed quickly by tears of joy) I believe in my heart it is a combination of all of these things.



With that being said...I love being a mother of twins! I love watching them grow into their own distinct personalities. I enjoy watching them interact and communicate in a way I will never understand. I love watching them calm each other in a way that I can only compair to that of a mothers touch. I enjoy watching Cy steamroll her brother for anything he has in his possession at the time...most time using her butt as her greatest asset to keep him from being able to grab back. I enjoy that Cy cannot cry without upsetting Zion as he seems to become upset simply by watching his sister be upset.



This whole twin thing is like my own Sociology experiment right here in my own home... Hey do you think Utah State would give me 6 credits for that? I believe that would SO qualify for my Race, Class, Gender Class...but Advanced Social Statistics...I doubt it! (Although...What are the chances that I can go to the grocery store and buy all the things I need and still have enough money left over to get a frosty on the way home?) We may have a snowballs chance in Arizona. (I threw that one in there just for you today Amy...as a special congrats on your 5K best time ever!)

4 comments:

Lórien said...

They are so beautiful. I love seeing them in pictures and real life. It really is amazing to see them with each other, as well as their own unique personalities. What a blessing. It is so sweet to see you with them as well.

Oh, and a big yay for those frosty sized blessings :-)

Michelle said...

How cute are they in their high chairs? How did they get so big so fast? Don't you wish sometimes you could just freeze time? They really are sweet, and it is so much fun to watch them interact. I love it! (and thanks for adding a new post. Since it was YOU that got me addicted to blogging, I go crazy when you have the same post for too long!LOL)

Amy said...

What fun they are! Milestones are sweet and sad. The days of quiet time holding their bottle are almost over but they lend way to fun trips to McD's and smeared cookies all over their faces. Drink in the moments, they will stay with you and make those hard days just that much easier to handle. You are such a great mom!

Taste of Champaign said...

I love this post. I can relate and enjoy your thoughts match so many of my own. They are dolls!