Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jason

Jason...I am and was very aware of your birthday on the actual day. I know you did not receive a call from me or my family as I will claim loser status for the year :)

I have no fun pictures to show off of you as I am sure you read from April's birthday blog day we have stored our hard drive away and it might as well be dead to me. Unless of course Mitchell actually decides to show me how to retrieve them for use one day I am sure it is probably a pretty easy process once all is said and done!

I wanted to share with you some of my favorite memories of you and I. I know that most people know the Jason side of you that you want them to see which is the hard ass, stubborn, tell it like "you" see it type of person who is slow to give anyone a break and don't get me wrong I have seen that person rear his ugly head at times but I (wink, wink) know him as your alter ego Jasonstein....lol!

The Jason that I know is one of my favorite people on this planet...He is the Jason that I was first introduced to when we left the protective nest of home. I was in Logan, UT and you were in Rexburg, ID. We spent many weekends together just hanging out, playing games and being friends. I remember one time I had motioned that I had never received roses and for my birthday you sent me 21 hand drawn roses individually cut out and colored in different colored pens...they must have taken you hours/days. I still have them! They are precious to me. I actually do think of them quite often and smile...It is a reminder to me that I am loved and that I am special...at least to my brother Jason :) lol.

You and your wife sacrificed and took our kids last year during my hospital stay and during Mitchell's illness. I know that having seven kids under the age of eight was not easy for you and definitely not for your wife Michelle but with love and faith you took them and without care or concern for your mental health or well being and it was the greatest gift of love and sacrifice we could have asked for. I knew that they were being loved and taken care of and that the kids were having a good time with their cousins which meant that their mental heath was intact and they were not worried about the situation with Mom and Dad which was a HUGE deal for me as they were basically without us for weeks upon end. Thank you cannot even begin to say with enough gratitude the feelings in my heart for that time when you were there for me.

My last favorite memory that I will share is when you stayed at our home while looking for a house. I know that sucked being away from your family but I loved it! It was too fun having someone to hang out with to talk with like old times to cook for like you actually ate when you were kids and actually appreciate to the fullest "Moms" cooking. Who is like you because you grew up doing the same things. You forget when you have been married for so long that you had to learn to compromise to be like this person and that when you grew up you were already like your siblings and living with you again reminded me that it is me that is normal and Mitchell that is really the crazy one...I knew that when we first got married but I forgot...lol :)

Happy 33 Jason...I love you !

BTW: Will you please update your Blog I am so damn bored of looking at that horse of a dog...I want to see updates of the kids too...Lazy bastard!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Help me...where did you find the countdown clock on Stone's blog? I really want to put one on my blog but all of the ones I have seen are really annoying.

Chris said...

Mitchell said he found some really cool ones on Pyzam.com...sorry it took so long to get back to you as I have no clue! lol