Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Rabbit Season...No It's Busy Season!


Our Monday though Friday morning routine is as follows:


*5:30am drag my tired butt from my comfy bed for my early morning sanity session (aka walk around the neighborhood with my friend Heidi)

*6:30-6:45am start the kitchen clean up/ready for the day. Unloading and loading the dishes. Dirty clothes basket upstairs for washing, counter tops wiped down, Vacuum carpet in Family room...etc

*Zion and Cy wake up @ between 6:45-7am. They are brought to the Family Room where they must patiently wait for Stone and Phoenix to get ready and leave prior to their day beginning. (I know...sad but true!)















*Stone and Phoenix are woken up @ 7am for our everyday routine of dressed, bathroom, breakfast, hair, shoes on, teeth brushed, backpack/coat, prayers, kisses, "have a good day", and out the door as the bus pulls up @ 5 minutes till 8am. Depending on the day and the child this can range from a "pretty good" day to a "I'd rather have a bullet to the brain than to do that again tomorrow" day. But the best part of a day like that is the satisfaction I feel as the bus pulls away and I have the whole day to pull myself back together again.
*From the front door I make a B-line to get down to "baby business" two feedings each, two diaper changes each, special love time with Mommy, Floor time which includes twin bonding and Exersauser time all give way to nap time. The magic that can happen between the hours of 6:45am and 10:30 is absolutely amazing!



*From 10:30-11am is clean up from the morning routine time. For some reason the whole house (Kitchen/Family Room Combo) has gone to hell in a hand basket in four hours.


*At some point during the mornings activities Avery will decide to awake and need to be fed. I have no idea when and depending on the prior days activities and how she happens to be feeling that day it could be anywhere from 6am - 11am. I secretly enjoy the days that Avery sleeps in a little later because then I get to watch the Today show in the background instead of cartoons. It is nice to enter the adult scene and actually see what is going on in the world.





*Also during the morning routine and depending on the day/time allotted we have baby baths, (every other day) laundry, showers and the dressing of either or both Avery and myself, cleaning something other than the kitchen or Family room, creating the shopping list, starting dinner, blogging, making phone calls/appointments and such, answering the phone (I do screen my calls...quite heavily I might add...there literally are some people...I shall not mention names who have not spoken to me on the phone in years...yet still keep trying to call...go figure?! You think some people would just get the hint already. If you are thinking this might be you...It is not because if I invited you to my blog I am not currently hiding from you...now if all of the sudden you cannot get on my blog and I wont answer your calls then you may have an issue, but for now...lol...it is not you...lol...I kind of crack myself up!)















On this particular day...Zion and Cy were down for their nap. Avery was up bright and early and I had started my cleaning routine. I was standing at the kitchen sink loading dirty breakfast dishes into the dishwasher, when my eyes caught a family of bunnies hopping across the lawn. I called for Avery and she was so excited to go out and catch them. Watching her excitement grow as I unlocked the door I soon realized that as soon as I opened the door she was going to run to get the bunnies. I looked at her and said "Avery...the bunnies will run away scared if you don't sneak up on them" She immediately changed her whole demeanor and began sneaking across the lawn. She actually got quite close before the last bunny hopped under the shed for safety.

Avery thought this was the best thing that she had ever experienced. She spent hours looking out the window for the bunnies and has spent subsequent days looking for the bunnies. Some days she sees them and other days she misses them but It is one of the cutest things I have seen in a minute! So even though my mornings are so busy it leaves my head spinning most of the time I always have time to pull out my camera and try and catch my little Elmer Fudd chasing her little Rabbits around the yard.












5 comments:

Lórien said...

Chris you crack me up. Caller ID is a wonderful thing isn't it? What did people do without it? I have also done a good overhaul on my permissions section :-)

And those pictures are just too cute. I love the one of the twins, kind of in the middle of the post where they are on the ground.

I'm glad Avery lets mommy have some adult time by sleeping in now and then for you.

Amy said...

Love the picture of Avery squatting down hunting for rabbits! Seriously, 5:30am- are you crazy?! lol-

Lisa said...

I wish I was as organized as you! I'm sure that's why I don't have 5 kids - I would never be able to keep up with everyone! I can only imagine the laundry, dishes, and other messes! I have enough trouble with 2!

Chris said...

Lisa...Who are you kidding the other day I was sitting at my computer Blogging and Avery said "I am going upstairs to change my clothes" A thought came into my head...Avery is really quiet upstairs...but I went on typing away...a few seconds, minutes, hours (jk) went by and the thought came back...Avery is really quiet upstairs...I stopped tying and listened...didn’t hear her but started to read my blog and continued tying...not 30 seconds later the doorbell rings and the lady down the street who has her own at home mini daycare with a few children that Avery longs to play with all day every day is hauling her back to my house. She had come to her house and knocked upon Ms Cheryl opening the door Avery pushed her way in and wanted to play. Ms Cheryl knowing what a "freak" I am about my children playing with other people asked Avery if her mother knew that she was playing inside her home? Avery said "yes" and poor Cheryl gathered all her kids and took a field trip to my house because she knew Avery was not telling the truth. I probably should give the poor woman my phone number as this probably wont be the last time that happens. I swear Lisa I did not even hear the door open or shut and it is not like Avery is a sneaky kid like Stone she just doesn’t give a crap. So that would be my lesson on listening to the Spirit and protection for time being! I swear I don’t really know how I ended up with five children as I have major trouble with our number 1...well yes I do...my major hurtles in life are things like patience, learning to control negative emotions like anger, learning to give and receive unconditional love, sharing and other things like that and quite frankly...knowing myself...I never would have learned these things without having children. (And with a smile) it is apparent that I am a slow learner as I have been sent such special children especially to help their beautiful Mommy become all that she was created to be! Gotta have the spin...or I would have lost it years ago!

Michelle said...

All I have to say is Martin Luther King fought for my freedom so I can be free.....I know its driving you crazy but everytime I think about it I start cracking up!