Friday, May 16, 2008

~Linda, Megan, Daniel, Mitchell and Lisa~

~3 Joys~
*Being at home with my Husband and Children gathered around doing absolutely nothing but talking, eating, watching TV or movies and sharing each others company.

* Being at the Beach on Vacation...Smelling the salt water, hearing the crashing of the waves, feeling the dry boardwalk give way to the hot sand which eventually ends in the cool, crisp refreshment of the water crashing over my toes. Knowing I don't have to go home any time soon. Enjoying my yummy boardwalk treat @ night after dinner as I watch all the people walk by (people watching is one of my favorite things to do!) Spending the week with my whole family...brothers, sister, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, nieces and nephews. In this large, busy world it is way too long between visits for us all and the beach trip is my opportunity to reconnect and a joy to watch my children form friendships and memories with their family members they would otherwise barely know.

*Swimming in a pool for miles with only my thoughts to keep me company. Walking while listening to my Ipod to drowned out the rest of the world. I guess the theme would be pushing my body to its limits...making it hurt....and doing so while making the noise of the world go away. The Athlete in me will never go away....nor do I want her to....she is what keeps me sane in this insanity called life. If there is anything that I am grateful for it is that I found sports...well I thing sports found me. No matter my size I have always been able to be competitive and great at sports...the majority of the time beating many of my "skinny" athletic counterparts. Sports are not only about what looks to be. Which is why I have always loved the equaling factor of them! They are about strength, determination, heart, skill, training and a whole array of other things.

~3 Fears~
*My children being molested, kidnapped, or dying
*My husband dying...I guess I would be okay with him being kidnapped or molested as that doesn't seem to bother me...lol!
*My car plunging off a bridge into water and I would be in the car alone and have to decide which of my children to save. I would have to undo carseats/seatbelts and help children who do not swim or at least not well (although Stone and Phoenix did join the Swim Team this summer) Would I try and save them all? I don't think that would be physically possible to tread water and hold babies and children up in the water...more than likely after much thought about this I have decided that we actually may just all say a prayer and go down together...I know...morbid! but there are so many bridges around here that we must cross to go anywhere...It is just something that I have cant help but think about every once in awhile.
~3 Goals~
*Continue walking 5 days a week, eating more fruits and veggies, reading my scriptures both personally and with the kids, saying my personal and family prayers, FHE weekly, 10 Minutes of Love with each of the kids everyday and Church every Sunday...This is the way I keep myself and my family on the strait and narrow and the closer we are the smoother our house runs. The smoother our house runs the more calm and happy Mommy is...and that is always a good thing!

*Finishing my two classes and graduating from Utah State. I plan on never using my degree because I never plan on returning to work...but if for some reason I get bored after I have sent my children off into this world I may go back to school for my graduate degree to specialize in something that I would really enjoy like counseling or maybe just volunteer my time feeding, holding and loving on babies in the NICU...I think I would REALLY like to do that!

*Continue to prepare to have our Family Sealed in the Temple for Time and all Eternity when Mitchell decides the time is right.


~3 Current Obsessions or Collections~

I took this quote directly from Lorien yet it applies directly to me so I will steal it "Yeah, I do not do collections in any way shape or form, but I am all about obsessions"
*DDR...for those of you who are not hip or who do not have girls running around your home at this moment this stands for Dance, Dance Revolution. I love to compete with anyone who will play with me. I am not very good at it but I am a very competitive person and I enjoy music and dancing and I love playing with my kids...besides they are still little enough to think that playing with me is cool...So for now I will take what I can get!
*Blogging...I cannot decide if I like reading or writing better...I think it depends on my mood and what the Blogger had to say on that day.
*I eat air popped popcorn with a bit of pam sprayed on it so the salt will stick almost everyday and have for almost the past 2-3 years
~3 Random/Surprising Facts~
*TV is one of my favorite things to do. It is like a hobby to me...It relaxes me...It allows me to unwind...It makes me feel an array of emotions that I am not responsible for....It makes me laugh and sometimes giggle uncontrollably...I love TV! I can also watch TV or movies over and over again because I simply cannot remember after a few months/years what it was about and it is like watching a whole new show all over again. It drives my husband crazy because he doesn't like reruns but I think it's great!
*@ 15 I made the Jr. Olympic Time trials for Swimming in both 100 Meter Butterfly and 100 Meter IM.
*I have major sensory issues...I cannot touch certain fabrics, I hate wind in my ears, I hate high pitched noises and dueling noises, I do not like foods not because of the taste but because of its texture, I don't like things too close to my nose or my mouth because it feels like I cant breath, I cant wear socks without shoes, I cant wear shoes on carpet, I don't like my arms stroked, I hate sweaty knees ...Oh I am sure I could continue but I will not for your sakes...lol

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Chris - You are a very interesting, well-rounded person. I'm glad you have your own identity outside of your kids - sometimes I feel like I don't! I'm going to have to try the popcorn thing - sounds interesting.

Megan said...

I don't even know if I will be ablet to answer all of those questions about myself. Loved the post!

Taste of Champaign said...

am I supposed to do this? for real?

Chris said...

Yes...for real Linda...but you never really HAVE to do anything you dont want to do...right...lol! This was actually a really hard one and it took quite a long time at least for me. Linda...I so love you ~ We so have the same attitute!

Chris said...

Lisa- Mitchell's Aunt Rose said one of the nicest things to me once and I will never forget it and it has helped me relax and be myself during this phase of my life. She said "Chris...There is a time and a season for everything! Right now is the time to raise those babies of yours" (this was actually said when Avery was two)She said "You will know when it is time again to start concentrating on you again because it will just automatically start to happen". She was actually right because when Avery hit about three my baby weight just started to fall off and I lost 40 lbs, was back in school, was all of the sudden able to keep my house clean and the kids organized and my own personal goal in tact...It was amazing....I felt whole and great...and then I felt a desire to bring another Spirit into this world and now the weight is back on I cannot keep my house cleaned unless someone is coming over to visit and I can barely help my kids get their homework done at night without WWIII but I know that our home was in need of those babies to bless our home and I also know that there is a time and a season and right now it is not about me even though I try and weave out a small amount of time for me because it sure does help me get though my day! Try the Popcorn...It works like a charm!

Lórien said...

You are so fun. I am going to have to try that popcorn thing. I have had the same thoughts on bridges..... isn't Delaware a fun place to live? Seems like there are bridges everywhere.

Lisa said...

I always feel like my house is a mess and my kids are a mess and therefore - I am a mess! You are right though - there is a time and place for everything! We're all here just doing the best we can, huh?!

I'm not tagged, am I?

Chris said...

I do believe that your name is in the title...So I guess you are...lol

Amy said...

I loved what you said about being an athlete. No matter how old we get we can be whoever we want to be. I know I have had my butt kicked in races by women 20 years older than me.

The thing about drowning in cars is one I have had too. I look for milestones in my kids lives and one that I am coming up on is Hunter being able to swim well enough to save his life if need be. Weird, I know, but like you said, either we all get out or we all go down together.