Wednesday, May 7, 2008

LCD (Lowest Common Denominator)

As I sit here needed to vent about my day yesterday I don't even know were to begin.

Not wanting to bore you with another one of my Novels but understanding that you either love the details or you are yelling at the screen "Get to the Damn point already!" (Mom..I know this is the real reason you refuse to read my Blog. You are just waiting for Kim to give you the highlights) My poor husband needs someone to call and give him the highlights too, as he would rather die than read through the nitty gritty details. Which is probably why I need to Blog so desperately!

I am someone who believes that the truth of a situation lies in the lowest common denominator. (but I will save that belief for another discussion)

Don't get me wrong...I would love to entertain the masses with my story telling abilities but I also don't really know that I care too much if you are bored by my methods. My reasons are because (A) this really is who I am...someone who enjoys the details not only in my own story but in others stories...I believe that it is there where you truly learn who someone is and why they do what they do (B) this Blog is like a journal to me and I want to actually remember where my head was at when I was raising this crazy band of children.

My Mom sometimes gives me a hard time because she is a very private person and feels that sharing such "intimate" details of ones life in such a public forum is just ludicrous. I am sure there are many who would agree, but I myself believe that it comes down to a trust issue. For me...trust is a huge deal.

In my opinion a friend is someone who has the ability to crush you at any time with the information that they know about you but makes a conscious decision each and everyday not to. The ultimate trust is actually in myself and though it would not be easy...if every one of my "secrets" were screamed on the mountain tops, I trust in myself that I would stand tall knowing that every experience...both great and small made me who I am today and quite frankly...I like me.

(I must posting this picture! No make up...hair pulled back...blazing the sweatshirt...lol)

So though I have skeletons in my closet...I would venture to say we all do. I will just continue to be long winded, tells it like it is...with maybe too much information, trusting that those who I have trusted to be my friends will know that I give you information that you may learn to know me through the details. Because I am more than a summary of my choices. I am more than the things which you can see on the outside. I am more than what I choose to present to you. But with me...if you listen closely...it is always in the details...For me personally...I have found this to be true for everyone else as well!

On a side note...I also believe that this is why I do not enjoy small talk. It bores me. I enjoy getting to know people. If I have already determined that I don't like or trust a certain person based on X,Y, and Z...I don't want to waste my time with idle chatter. I would rather spend my "precious" time/energy away from my family with people who enlighten me who raise me up who offer me something rather than those who are there only to teach me to bite my lip.

LOL...At this point I actually have no need to vent about my day yesterday it seems I found something else to vent aimlessly about...

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

Okay, that was just hilarious! I love reading every detail, and I was really waiting for the point, but just giggled as you ended on that note. This post soooo reflects our phone conversations. Lots of happiness.

Lórien said...

This whole LCD thing is very intriguing to me. I would love to hear more on that sometime.

And you just keep on writing girl - the details are what give things depth!

Lisa said...

I was also waiting for the point through the whole post. I laughed when I realized there really wasn't one!