Friday, March 21, 2008

Guess who turned 40?



I don't exactly know what exactly I was doing a month ago today but it certainly wasn't blogging about my beautiful Husband's momentous fortieth birthday.

I must say I felt a little bad as I wanted to make a much bigger deal about this day than I actually did but quite frankly I allowed myself the out of...my life is crazy!

(Mitchell could have cared less and thought his birthday was perfect. He really is very low maintenance with regards to this subject. He would have been happy gift or not, cake or not, dinner or not. Now birthday sex...that's a whole different story :)

That's right I allowed my husband's big day to be diminished by my needs. Hence the statement that I heard over and over growing up "life isn't all about you...Chris!" I would beg to differ though...if I am the one living my life, and I am the one responsible for my choices and my consequences. Then I would be the one eventually either handling my family or in the psych ward...right? It is my belief and my ultimate responsibility that I must first look out for my needs because if I am not okay then I cannot take care of all the other things and people who count on me. So...life really is all about me! But I digress.....


Mitchell's big day...We did our "normal" birthday deal...at dinner we have your favorite meal and your favorite cake. You have balloons tied to your chair. After dinner there is cake and gifts. Same every person and every year. If it is a special year then there may be additional festivities like a party or such, but we still have the same "normal" birthday day

So Mitchell's day was the "normal" day! We have planned a NFL Package Trip to see his Eagles play as part of his birthday present but we will probably intertwine it with our Anniversary as it's our 10 year this October and I love football just as much a Mitchell does...if not more!

I also wanted to throw him a birthday party. Mitchell has an amazing bond with "the group" of kids he grew up with. They all still keep in touch with each other and are great friends. It will be really fun to get everyone together who is important to Mitchell and have a big ole' party. I wanted to do this in the summer as a BBQ. Then, the kids will have the park to play in, my ghetto pool and trampoline can entertain children and adults alike and if I choose to have the party over the 4th of July the fireworks literally look like they are going off in our backyard. If I had done it in February I would have had to entertain everyone myself with games and whatnot and let all the kids and adults alike tramping through the house all day. Not to mention me and my anti-social issues. It just sounding like a nightmare...quite frankly...it still does! Which is why I opted out of a Birthday Party on or around his actual birthday.

So that is right...Mitchell turned 40 a month ago. We had a great day but it looks like his wife to save her sanity is making the day last all year long and really...isn't that better that 24 hours of fun anyhow?

No comments: