Tuesday, March 18, 2008

From the mouths of babes

Stone had the talk on Sunday and did a spectacular job! I am so proud of Stone and his ability to understand what is truly important in this life at such a young age.


"My talk today is about following Jesus Christ.

I choose to follow Christ by being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, when I turned eight years old. It was a very special day for me because I had prayed for a long time that my Dad would be able to baptize me. A month before my birthday he joined the Church and was able to perform my baptism.

We are now working towards being sealed as a family in the temple. I can do my part by keeping the covenants I made at baptism - going to church, treating my family kindly and repenting when I make a mistake.

I promised at baptism to follow Christ and Heavenly Father promises that we can return to live with Him.

I have a testimony that Heavenly Father loves us and answers our prayers. I also know my family will be sealed in the temple so that we can be together forever through the eternity's

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ's name...Amen."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

He's definitely a sweet boy! I'm sure the memory of his dad baptizing him will be a special one forever!

Taste of Champaign said...

What a great talk! kids are the best.

Q'ner said...

why to go champ!!! that was an awesome talk. You are the best!!