Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Darling Nikki...


Phoenix Nicole that is... She is one of my sweet little Valentines this year! I have been oh so very sickly this week. I even had to call for back up for the first time ever to help care for the kids while I "took ill" in my bed for a day and a half. When I awoke from my 36-hour coma there next to my bed laid four petrified chicken nuggets on a princess plate and a glass of water. My precious little girl was looking out for her Mommy.

Mitchell was looking out for his Girl's too this year during Valentine's Day. As I said I was sicker than sick on Tuesday and Wednesday. By Thursday I was able to care for my kids again, but I was still feeling like crap! I also had, by this time, two other children who are now down with the same thing. So when Mitchell called and said he needed to make a few stops before coming home from work, my first response was "I need nothing for Valentines Day just bring home a flower or something for the girls and hurry home!" He said "Okay"... I said "seriously...hurry!"

He walked in from work carrying a Grocery store packaged rose bouquet for me, a flower bouquet for the girls and Valentines day mugs. We already had Stone and Daddy's favorite chocolates set aside for them. The girls were so excited! They absolutely love flowers...especially from Daddy!

Avery wont pass by a Store flower display without asking to smell the flowers. We are all too often found parked next to the display pulling out pack by pack of flowers as Avery takes a huge sniff. She always comments on her favorites both colors and smells. It usually adds an additional 10-15 minutes to our shopping time...sometimes I just wonder what people are thinking as I say "just one more and then we have to more on"

Phoenix's flower wish was to have her own special vase for her room. So the next morning we opened up the flowers and got busy. You should have seen the mess! We made two arrangements...one for the kitchen and the other for Phoenix's room. I must say the high priced flower shops have nothing on us Pheany Bean!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Your girls sound so cute - and girly! The flowers were beautiful! I love Valentine's Day!

Did you have the flu? Several people I know around here have had it and it is UGLY! Glad you are feeling better.

Chris said...

It wasnt a stomach flu but it was the whole sore throat, coughing, achey, fever/chills, runny nose, sneezing, chest congestion crap. I swear I havent been that sick since I lived at home with my Mommy! It sucked!

Taste of Champaign said...

love the flowers! so pretty. i have been sick too. it is taking FOREVER to get better. not fun when no one is there to take care of you :(

Chris said...

Yeah Linda It's been about a week here and its lingering...Its not pretty!

Q'ner said...

How cute!!! I wish my dad and brothers were that cute growing up!!! Oh well... such as life!!! Way to go!!!