Friday, February 1, 2008

Look whose sporting the Halle Berry...

I recently cut Phoenix's hair to shoulder length, as she has been asking/begging for months to have it done. I am not one for calling and making appointments as I have proven to be a last minute, spur of the moment kind of girl. So when Phoenix finally convinced me I said "Go wash and condition your hair and I will get the scissors."

As soon as Avery saw Phoenix she wanted a hair cut as well. I went ahead and cut her hair too and both of my girls looked beautiful! Me not being a stylist by any means (I am able to get by because the girls hair is curly and curls hide a ton of mistakes) then took Avery to my girlfriend who is a real licensed stylist and she cleaned it up for me.

Point being Avery has had two haircuts in the past month. About three months ago I was cleaning up around the girls room and found stuffed in the back of Phoenix's drawer a couple of good sized clumps of Avery's hair. Phoenix was grounded and Avery was given the rule... "Who's allowed to cut your hair?" Answer: Mommy and Ms. Jenn (my friend the stylist.) We have been practicing this question over and over again during the subsequent two haircuts and she was well aware that no one was to cut her hair including herself!

So imagine my surprise when Phoenix came up the steps from the basement with a huge clump of hair in tote, yelling, "Avery is hiding in the closet cutting off her hair!" I ran down stairs seeing additional clumps of hair along the way. I opened the closet door and there sat Avery with a pair of safety scissors, clumps of hair around her on the floor, she looks up at me and said "It wasn’t my fault" My first question "Who's allowed to cut your hair?" She obviously knew the answer as she looked at the floor with a sad face and never answered me.

I tried so hard to ignore the pure amount of hair that was now missing from her head and the fact that she had cut it down so low at the bangs and around the ear that we may have no choice but a shave down. I called my girlfriend and she said "Do not shave her down" that we could try and blend it as much as we could and wait for it to grow out. I just keep repeating, "Yeah but Jenn, you have not seen it yet!"






Two days went by and I tried to ignore what was going on. I washed it and conditioned it and styled it and it was just as bad. Below was the picture of her hair when she woke up the next morning. I swear she was looking like the 80's band Flock of Seagulls. I simply could not stand to look at her, but I let it go two more days...





Yesterday, I could no longer take it. We were in the middle of watching Handy Mandy when I took her by the hand and lead her up the steps. I brought out the clippers put on a 8 and shaved that mop off. I then combed it out and took it down to a 5. Mitchell and I both had a hard time with it last night, but she is starting to look much cuter this morning. Quite frankly she looks a lot more like Stone to me now. I was on Mitchell to take her to get her ears pierced (Mitchell said no) and I will have her in the "girliest" dress she owns on Sunday. Lol. I also painted her fingernails :)



But the best/worst part of this whole ordeal is that she is not bothered by this at all. She thinks she is just as beautiful, which she is! and is quite happy that she no longer has to have the knots brushed out of her hair. The worst being that she may just think she likes this look enough to style it again on her own in the future.

Have I mentioned before that my days are crazy in Delaware? You probably thought I was kidding did'nt you!

4 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

so love this. i am smiling from ear to ear. she is beautiful, and i love that she could care less!

erinmalia said...

oh my. this is great. don't all kids take scissors to their hair at some point?! and you must have done a good job with her and her self esteem. way to go!

Lisa said...

She looks awesome! It's probably a lot less work now!

Q'ner said...

pay backs are hell... She looks just like me... Remember the day you wanted to make spikes for me... Yeah... that didn't work so well.. a trip to the salon and to the ear piercing place I was looking like just like Jason's twin. revenge is sweet!! She is the cutest thing ever!!