Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chit-Chatting To The Zoo

My trip to the Philadelphia Zoo with Phoenix was too much fun! We rode next to each other on the bus ride down and chit-chatted about life according to Phoenix. I so love how her mind works and what is important to her. She loves to talk to me about upcoming plans like...what color her nails will be painted next and if I will help her or not, what she will be wearing to school tomorrow, what she would like to pack in her backpack when we go to Utah and what she feels she would like to do when we get there, what is on the school menu tomorrow and for the following week and if she wants to buy or pack (all of which she buys...because I am an all too busy, lazy mommy!)

We had a group of four girls the agenda was the Apes, Giraffes, Gift Shop, and lunch. You have to love girls who know what they want. I must say we did all of the above and a whole bunch more.
Besides hanging out with my favorite seven year old, all day...My favorite part was the Gorilla. He was just chillin in his cage. I swear we all sat there, eating lollipops watching him for a good 20 minutes.

We climbed trees which I am pretty sure was not allowed! Went to the Children's petting /interactive part of the zoo, chased peacocks, and imitated the penguins.

It was an amazing day, but all that really mattered was that I spent the whole day of quality time with my Phoeney Bean.
and it so was "OUR SPECIAL DAY"







2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I'm sure she appreciates you taking the time to go with her! What a good memory!

Megan said...

I'm not even sure if you will get this comment...but I don't have your email address so I figured this is the next best thing! I have been thinking about you and I hope you are doing well. I am sure that this holiday season will be an emotional one, but I hope that you are surrounded by loving family and friends.