Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Thought I Left That Mess Out West!

Two weeks ago Phoenix had her last field trip of first grade to Wicked R Ranch.

I attended this particular field trip with Stone two years ago and was astounded by the fact that (A) There's a Rodeo in Delaware and (B) I have never had so much fun at a field trip....EVER!
So when the permission slip arrived home for this little gem....I wasn't about to miss the fun.
.
The day at the Ranch starts out with the Cowgirls riding their horses. They start with Barrel races and then move on to another event where they go in and out of these poles (you see how knowledgeable I am about the whole subject) They even had the daughters of the family who owned the Ranch riding and they were 9 and 5...it was so fun to watch!
.
Next was the Bull riders and the kids went crazy over that jazz! I must say even I myself who hate all things "Cowboy" was getting the adrenaline flowing over the hype of it all. There were five Bull riders and three were able to stay on for the allotted eight seconds. This was much better than the year we were there with Stone's class...that year no one made it to the horn.
.
My dear sweet Pheaney was not impressed as she is apparently all about the girl power. At lunch...which directly followed the Bull riders the Cowgirls and Bull riders came out to sign the kids neckerchiefs and Phoenix wanted none of the Bull riders autographs...she only wanted the girls to sign! I love it :)


After that we went to the petting zoo part and was able to meet pigs, bulls, lambs, ponies, horses, bunnies, and other friendly animals. Phoenix was being a little momma's girl and holding my hand the whole time. I did not mind at all because Phoenix is usually the exact opposite and it completely independent and has no time for me so I enjoyed the extra minutes of love! (She was really tired that day)


Next it was on to the pony ride. Phoenix loved the ride...Ride em Cowgirl!


She then jumped onto the bulltrain... making sure to pick the yellow car (her favorite color of course) and got a special ride to the playground to await the hayride to the ghost town. At the playground we took the fun picture below as I was the cow and Phoenix wanted to be the horse. (Moooo...Neigh, Neigh)






To end the day they had the kids back to the arena where they played Tug of War and had Sack Races on teams. It was crazy competitive! The kids loved it and so did the adults.
.
The festivities ended with the infamous bull ride. It was a great day!
I cannot wait until Avery's in first grade and has her Wicked R Ranch experience! It's always a full day of fun...Maybe next time I can talk Mitchell into checking it out too! Ride em Cowboy Mitchell!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds fun! Dave always goes on field trips with Matthew. They don't go anywhere as cool as the rodeo though!

Michelle said...

This is seriously the cutest field trip! I want to go to the rodeo!(As long as I don't have to wear tight wranglers!)
Honestly where is this place? My kids would love it!

Chris said...

It is in Southern DE about 15 minutes from Dover. There was a large Amish community around which again suprised me...I guess I just didnt really know that much about DE as a whole!

Taste of Champaign said...

What a blast. For some reason though, because it is so hot here, it sounds miserable to be outside at a Ranch right now...