Monday, December 10, 2007

Our Special Tree

Christmas time is upon us... I should be keeping my children in their beds as I listen to them being mischievous upstairs, but pretend not to notice as I seriously need a break for myself down here. I will try to ignore them a little bit longer. As long as I can stand the bangs and clangs of out of control children trying to sound sneaky...lol.

I know that we have fallen off the radar for a minute, but we have had really good excuses. None of which I want to get into at this point, but believe you me. Its just some of the same old only ever seems to happen to Chris kinda crap that really would make normal people weep if only Chris didn't make it sound so damn amusing. How the hell does she do that anyhow???? lol...But anyhoo... I wanted to share some of our fun putting up the Christmas lights pictures. Now yes, I did say lights... I have decided no actual ornaments will adorn my tree this year. It is with mixed emotions I have made this decision but I did not want to spend the whole holiday yelling at my children to "Leave the Tree Be!" So we only hung lights and candy canes and Phoenix and Avery ate the candy canes within the first three days so we are just chillin with our lights. I am happy to report I have not yelled about my tree once this year :)

But I am about to yell about my children running around upstairs...Enjoy the Pics!






5 comments:

erinmalia said...

i love the simplicity of a tree with no ornaments! and i love happy moms.

Megan said...

I was starting to get worried that you had gotten bored with the whole blogging thing! I loved the post and think it is fabulous that you have realized that ornaments aren’t worth it this year.

Q'ner said...

you and your bright ideas... I love it. I miss my babies!!!

Lisa said...

That's brillant! Lauren (18 months) is constantly rearranging our ornaments. I also find them all over the house - in the bathroom, inside her coat, etc. Our tree looked beautiful when we first put it up but now looks like it was hit by a tornado!! Oh well - we're creating memories, right?

Taste of Champaign said...

nice. i love it when we make practical choices that make us better parents.