Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Who gets the Binki?

The older they get, the louder they get. Cy has always had the market cornered when it came to decibel level, yet now a days Zion is giving her a run for the money. My favorite (sarcasm) is when they cry me a duet. Sometimes I just have to laugh as I remember the days when one was enough of me and I was able to jump up and rescue my baby from whatever was ailing them. Now I must pick which one will be rescued leaving the other to just become more and more upset. It, at times, gets quite ugly...red faced, screaming, shaking, kicking. While I rehearse in my head the following "go to my happy place, go to my happy place" knowing I can do nothing until I am finished dealing with the other. I have been getting good at breastfeeding one while bottle feeding the other (Cy refuses to breastfeed), but the burping is giving me issues with this process. Inevitably someone spits up. I must admit...I do love the chaos and the challenge of it all. Plus they are just so cute together.

3 comments:

Q'ner said...

This is so damn cute... I love it!!! They are all smooshed in there... ;)

Taste of Champaign said...

Oh the days! So fun and draining. Wait till they're two! I can't say it gets any easier...

Chris said...

Linda - Where's the hope? Youre killin me