Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring Break Fun

Amy strikes again...I don't remember if you recall the post I wrote about when I described Amy as the person who will have you out following her into crazy adventures you are thinking the whole time..."why in the world am I doing this?" and then end up having some of the best times of your life. It is because of Amy in my life that my children think I am a more fun Mom. It is also because of Amy that I feel a little more like I am living than simply just surviving. It is also the reason that every time Amy even mentions the possibility of moving. I literally almost start to hyperventilate and with one of my meanest looks in my repertoire, I let her know that is simply not a possibility! I also (completely out of line...I know) ask if she needs me to have a talk with Jerry. I think it's a bit funny but I can just see this conversation now...me explaining to Jerry about Amy's worth in my world...it may get nasty at first, then I may have to pull my widow of five children card followed by tears. Jerry would I am sure laugh at me while I am sure that my sob story wouldn't even come into consideration for what is best for their family yet in my mind I just couldn't let this woman who means so much to me and has literally changed my life go without some kind of a fight! So anyhow...Allow me to share with you...hands down...our best Spring Break ever! All Amy's plan! I just followed along and my kids are still singing my praises!

We first took the kids to Chuck E Cheese and then Roller Skating. I decided to take only Stone and Phoenix because they had never been roller skating before and I wanted to make sure that they had enough individual attention to actually learn how to skate. They really did a great job! They both caught on really fast and I do believe that this is now one of Stone's favorite things to do! I was so proud of them.

At one point I think I even caught myself flashing back to Jr. High School. It was just like Wheel-a-While in 8th grade. If I closed my eyes I swear I could hear Tiffany belting out the tunes.

(Sorry about the picture quality...cell phone/lighting/moving/=bad pictures)


The next day so as not to leave Avery, Zion, and Cy out, we took a trip to the Brandywine Zoo. It is a small local Zoo with a cool monkey house and a beautiful fountain park. We looked at all the animals, ate ice cream and took pictures. The kids had a blast and as you can see so did the Mommies!





Thanks again Amy!

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

your kids look so happy chris! there must be a lot of love in that house of yours.

Lórien said...

Well look at you I have a lot to get caught up on! I am bummed I didn't get to join you all on these adventures. I cannot remember what I was doing that week but I'm glad you had fun! K, I'm off to read the rest - hugs!!

Amy said...

You are so sweet. I can only suggests these adventures because I know you are secretly as crazy as I am. I am not going anywhere; you can put the paper bag away and breath easy.lol So does this admiration mean you are up for whatever I conjure for summer? Love ya!

Daniel said...

You are Queen of the blog. I stopped checking for like... a day, and then suddenly there are like, nine posts. I don't have that much slacker time at work.

Megan said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your spring break!