Thursday, January 29, 2009

Zion's Playtime

As Sam had mentioned to me in the hallway at church that day. Zion picks his favorite toys and sticks to them. I have found this to also be true at our house. While Cy is content to wander around the Family Room playing with whatever tickles her fancy at the time. Zion definitely has his favorites!

Santa brought the twins Shake and Go cars. Santa wasn't too sure about the purchase at the time as they seemed to be too old for them and Santa has loud toy issues (and these can be quite obnoxious). But Santa LOVES toys which are bulky, well made, and seem indestructible and when you added that to the fact they had girl one's in pink, which meant we could do "his and hers" cars....Santa was sold!
.
I do not believe I have ever seen Cy have any interest in her pretty pink car, but Zion on the other hand is just as happy with the pink car as he is the red one. As a matter of fact he carries them around one in each arm...kinda like I do with him and his sister. He finds a flat, non carpeted surface (which in their "room" aka the Family Room...is either the fireplace or the coffee table) drops one of them, shakes them up, and usually holds them too long while they spin their wheels. He then places it on the surface and pushes them along...as if to say...go car go! (most times he cannot get them to go but he doesn't seem to mind either way) He then picks up the next one and the playing goes on like that for a while.



I am so interested in his way of play because I don't think I have ever seen it from any of my other children (or they were in Daycare and so I never noticed) but he seems to be so intent and "on a mission". He will actually make up games for himself which are so surprising, at least to me, because they are pretty intelligent games...at least I think they are for an 18 month old. He will also stay interesting in what he is doing for such a long period of time.


Yesterday, Phoenix cut out some little picture cards and I handed Zion one as he was squirmy. He took the card and instead of sticking it in his mouth or crumpling it up as I thought he would. He looked at it, flipped it over and handed it to Mitchell. Mitchell then handed it back and Zion said "Thank You" in baby language (no enunciation...just the sound the word makes) He then got more cards and stacked them one by one into Mitchell's hand until they were gone and then repeated "Thank You" at the end and then began to take them back one by one. This went on for a good 15 minutes and when he was done...he was apparently proud of himself as he yelled "Yeah" and began to clap wildly. Watching Mitchell and I intently until we started to clap and say "Yeah" he then began to scream with delight and clap faster and harder.


He is such a cute kid!

2 comments:

Lórien said...

Awww...........I love this post. Even though we get a glimpse of these things during the week, nothing beats those fun, spontaneous, random family moments like this. How cute - and I can't wait to hear these adorable words!! And I see that Sam did comment on your last post. This may seem like a small deal, but he has now commented on your blog as many times as he has commented on mine lol. I told him about it and since my info is saved on my computer, I told him to click on your link from my blog. You are so cute. And your kids are so easy to love!!!

Chris said...

lol...I know, Mitchell doesnt comment too often either...but I am glad you shared with him...I wouldnt have expected anything different.