Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Zion the Lion and Cy says "Leave me Bee!"

I am telling you...the mobile twins of today is NOTHING like the twins of yester year! They are still the sweetest babies in the world. Of this I have NO doubt, but they are EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING times two.

We have completely gated off my family room from any other room in the house which is helping keep little hands and at times whole bodies out of the toilets, the dish washer, drawers, trash cans, eating out of the freshly swept dirt pile, climbing stairs, stalking and attacking the vaccum cleaner, swiping my valubles, finding and putting in their mouths whatever choking hazard happens to be left lying about (I can only police so many people and so many places) The only problem with the gate is that it is an eye sore, horribly inconvenient to lock and unlock hundreds of times a day, and Zion (Monkeyboy) is still scaling chairs, toys, his sister, whatever is around to climb the 1/2 wall in order to, I am assuming break out of prison. He has been caught many times on top of the half wall (Thank Goodness he has actually never made it over!) Because the other side of the wall is a tile floor which would surely cost me a trip to the ER. 90% of the time I am afraid to go to the bathroom for fear of what I will find when I get back or hear while I am gone. I swear these babies are meant to be here I have so many stories of the near death with these two daredevils and quite frankly they REALLY ARE well watched!
The other day Cy walked up to me coughed up a washer, spit it into her hand, handed it to me, and smiled at me the cutest little devious smile. I...shocked she had found, eaten and I had not noticed this DAMN washer...smiled and said "Thank you" and took the slimy washer. She giggled and walked away. I was grateful and impressed she had "told on herself" and a bit disgusted as I sat there holding the piece of warm, wet steel.


Our computer is in the gated room and when I sit down to the computer the twins will grab the mouse, bang on the keyboard, sit on my lap, climb on the desk, pull my hands off the keyboard, climb behind the printer and hard drive while getting stuck. Needless to stay...I barely even read e-mail anymore let alone take the time to blog. I could Blog during nap time but since they are running me ragged I either need to take the time to clean up or recoup during their down time. It is craziness! :) I believe it to be a simple stage which hopefully will either stabilize or give way to another less busy stage in life...Gimmie the love Linda!

I am starting to feel the need to take the Christmas card pictures, though you know if you get my card by the end of January I am happy...as I try not to stress myself out over something that I get such joy from. I dressed the babies for their pictures and feeling a little playful today, pulled out the camera for the first time in a long time. I took pictures of the twins in front of our Christmas tree (which if you read the Blog from last year about the tree...I broke out all "my old friends" as my mother calls them... and decorated with all of my favorite things and watch out kids...I WILL be yelling about for the next few weeks...so sorry in advance and you would do well to obey the rules and DO NOT TOUCH MY TREE!) After the ultra short photo shoot with the twins I was taking off their outfits and thought about the fact that I had not taken any pictures of them at Halloween and that they looked so dang cute in their little outfits. So I pulled out their Halloween costumes and dressed them up for a second photo shoot. It was so funny they were interacting with each other but Cy kept messing with Zion like she knew he was in there but she didn't quite like that he was dressed up differently. She kept trying to pull off his Lion hood and she was grunting or speaking to him in a more forceful tone than she normally does...she was not happy about it at first but about two minutes into it she got more comfortable and it became okay.

So in true Chris fashion I have procrastinated way too long and managed to kill two birds with one stone all with little fuss and on a low stress day. Imagine that! and except for the date stamp and my Blogged confession no one would have ever been the wiser that these pictures were not taken on that very Hallowed day in October.

9 comments:

Megan said...

I am totally exhausted just reading your post! I am in the same boat with Miles right now and this is all so new to me. Can someone please tell me WHEN my 18 month old will NOT be interested in everything but his toys? Seriously...I walk around my house all day closing doors and taking things away and saying "get out" and "no, no, no". I'm glad the twins will take naps at the same time so you can get a little R&R or clean-up time!

Chris said...

Thanks Megan and I would like to shout a loud AMEN to the "I walk around the house all day closing doors and taking things away saying "get out" and "no, no, no"...The only sucky thing is that most times the older three open up the doors and take back out things before I can keep up which is opperation gated into one room is such a great thing around here...I allow them to roam during the day (for about 30 minutes at a time) while the other kids are at school and they can always walk themselves down the hall and up the stairs to naptime or bedtime...just as long as they dont so much as look at my clock...Zion enjoys banging on my Grandfather clock (such an offence which could loose you fingers in my house :)
Oh the joys of Motherhood!

Lisa said...

Chris, you are the funniest person in the world! Only you would dress up your kids in their Halloween costumes in December to get a picture! You are hilarious!!

Kids are funny to everyone but their parents, aren't they? Lauren's (age 2 1/2) favorite thing right now is to get up at 6 am, sneak downstairs and play the piano very loudly! Not only that but she sings her own version of HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the top of her lungs. What makes it really annoying is that it's really cute! I just wish she would pick a different time of day to put on a concert!

Lórien said...

Phew, I need a nap! And I think you do as well! Girl, am I going to see you tomorrow? Or will you be at the ward social on Saturday? I will have my camera. Getting them to sit still for a few seconds might be fun, but dress them up and let me take some pics for you!

Michelle said...

Yea, all I have to say is AMEN! (and I only have one!)

Michelle said...

Hee, hee that sounded like I only have one child....might as well at this point, that one is taking up every bit of my time, energy and sanity:)

Amy said...

So no touching of the tree? I am exctied to see it. And how do you keep them from touching the tree?The babies, excuse me, toddlers, are too cute in those costumes. No wonder I never see you anymore, you are being held hostage in your living room! So glad you guys made it out to the party today. I've got a cinnamon roll with your name on it for tommorrow.

Taste of Champaign said...

he he he. I'm glad you can finally understand what twins are really like. don't worry--it gets even worse :)just wait until potty training...it's sooo much fun when there are 2!

Chris said...

Oh my lovely Linda...I knew I could count on you to brighten my days of twinful bliss! Loved the Huband Christmas card I had joy in my heart for days for both Jim and Dave and Lana...Life is sometimes so sweet!