Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Thanksgiving?

As I work away here on Christmas Eve...all day, I have been filled with a complete and full sense of peace and gratefulness for my many blessings.

I have spent much time contemplating this feeling as I have looked around my home watching the twins tear apart the cleaning which was done while they were napping. My husband and Avery sleeping on the couch (Avery is sure to not sleep tonight) The sound of Phoenix and Stone fighting in the other room over the anticipated "even" sharing of the Pez candy which apparently went dreadfully wrong. The snacks which are being lovingly prepared for our family festivities tonight which will lead to stories of our Savior, songs around the tree, a gift of jammies, food for the reindeer and of course who would ever forget cookies for the big guy!

There will then be hours of wrapping (as if I would start early...I just finished shopping this morning @3:30am :) Thanks girls!) I have not done my Christmas cards yet nor have I prepared any neighbor treats though I still do plan on doing so...maybe I will just call them New Year's gifts or maybe I am just kidding myself and should just scrap the whole deal and shoot for next year...I guess we shall see.

But to the original reason for the post so that I can get back to my baking of the cookies for Santa and my snacks for dinner. Plus I am getting very tired of fighting back the constant barrage of babies all over me and my computer!

I am so grateful for my Husband, our children, and the Faith which we hold so dear in a Heavenly Father and His Son who came to this Earth and died so that we may live again...together. I am grateful for the knowledge that I may pass this blessing on through word and example to those who I hold so dear. I am grateful for the tender mercies which we are granted daily in this world full of such sorrow and growing desensitisation for sin. I am grateful for temples which are the only way by which to sluff off this world and see true clarity. I am grateful for the peace and joy this season brings when we know the true meaning of the celebration. I am grateful for you...my friends...my family!

So as I must return to the now crying babies and the now awake and wrestling on the floor Mitchell, Avery and Phoenix. It is my hope that my night ends prior to 4:30am as I do not think I can do two nights in a row like this!

The things we do for the joy of the children! Okay Mitchell and I enjoy it a little too :)

7 comments:

Lórien said...

What'd ya'll do go and have a party without me?? And was it at Walmart?? Those be fighting words lol! :-)

Very nice post. I hope all goes well this evening and you can take a few moments to just enjoy.

Merry Christmas my dear friend!

Chris said...

I had to go to ToysRus as WalMart was out of EVERYTHING and I called Jen (she finished hair @ 8:30) and I made her drag Amy out of her jammies. ToysRus was open until 1am and Jen HAD to eat something before (so we closed the place down) then Jen needed to go to the grocery store which ALWAYS equals Walmart in my book!

What are you getting rammy about anyhow?... You were in Newark anyhow doing the Skating/Costco/Mom thing...I had already spoken to you earlier :)

Merry Christmas as well and as always...Happy Chanukah my beautiful one!

Amy said...

Soooo tired this morning. At least your sweet husband waited up for you. Mine just kept stealing the covers. The things we do to be sure each of our kids have an equal amount of gifts! Thanks for letting me tag along.

Lórien said...

lol, so just pulling your chain. We do not only operate as a whole - not offended in the least :-) Glad you were able to get your shopping in and yes Happy Hanukkah!!!!

Michelle said...

Late night shopping party??? Hmmm...

Michelle said...

Oh, hee hee I forgot to say Merry Christmas and I'm so glad you got all your shopping done:)

Taste of Champaign said...

I hope you had a great Christmas! I miss chatting with you, friend!