Monday, August 25, 2008

Three Down...Two Can Stay


Avery started Pre-school this morning.
I laid out her clothes before bed last night and when I went to check on her around 11pm...she was fully dressed...socks and all! Apparently she was more excited than I had anticipated :)
Avery woke up early and ate breakfast along side Phoenix. A bowl of Fruity Dino Bites (currently her favorite) with extra milk. Avery always drinks all the milk out first (we have those plastic WalMart bowls with the straw built in) then she asks for more milk and eats the cereal as normal.

Next was the shoes...she was so excited about putting on her new shoes...she had been patiently waiting for her turn to wear her new shoes as she sadly watched as Stone and Phoenix were able to start wearing theirs last week. She was even more excited when she got to school and found out that her friend from across the street had on the exact same pair (only a different color).


She brushed her teeth by herself, got her purple backpack and wanted to wait for me in the car as apparently I was taking too long with the babies...Heaven forbid I actually fed and change them before taking her to school!
I wanted to take her picture too and she was not thrilled with that whole process but I explained that we take pictures of everyone on the first day of school and today was her turn so she reluctantly obliged...Thanks Avery! :)

Finally...We loaded Zion and Cy in the car and off we went!

Avery was chomping at the bit...excited and we met up with Maddie in the parking lot (neighbor friend from across the street) both girls were happy and smiling with anticipation to be at school! Mitchell took the above picture and Avery looked at Maddie and under her breath said something to the effect of "My Dad is so..." we didn't hear the rest but it was in that teenage, rolling of the eyes, he so bothers me tone. We are in so much trouble...the girl is ONLY four!

She took to the classroom like a champ and never looked back...I still got my kiss though!

When I picked her up @ 1pm the first thing out of her mouth was..."Mommy...I love it here and don't ever want to go home...but I am glad you came to get me."

I do believe we are both going to enjoy Pre-school!

10 comments:

Lórien said...

Aw, what a cutie. I'm so glad she enjoyed pre-school and mommy has a quieter house for a few hours a day! That book bag is so cute on her too.

Chris said...

Purple is her favorite color ya know! lol

Michelle said...

Cute!! I love it that she slept in her clothes! I think preschool will definitely be treasured by all;)

Amy said...

I remember getting my clothes ready each year and not sleeping the night before because I was so excited for the new clothes, and I guess school too. I am glad you found a preschool you feel safe with and that Avery enjoys.

Daniel said...

I don't have time to read this post yet. I just needed to tell you that Allen Sellers has a blog. Check it out. I'm linked to him on my list of friends. You can also get to Laura's from his.

Daniel said...

I have time to comment now on your post. Avery is so cute. I love how independant and fearless she is.
So how quiet is the house now that over half the house is cleard out?
BTW, Marin is sick. I could kill parents that let their kids go to church sick. I think that I may need to blog about it.

Chris said...

Blog on daniel! Let's let them all see the sickness :) lol.

Taste of Champaign said...

Totally unrelated to this post, but are you coming back?!

Lórien said...

Dude, my thoughts exactly...... If I was away this long people would be calling my family for an obituary.

Come back!!!!!

Please :-)

Megan said...

Hello, are you alive? I hope you haven't gotten bored with the whole blogging thing...I would be so sad. I hope you are doing well.